how should you respond to christians adhoc statements on unwanted disasters?

what would you say to a chrisitian who uses ad hoc response to why god designs or allows horrendous things to happen like all deformities, diseases including deadly diseases, natural disasters like tsunami in 2004 in indonesia region that killed ~270-310K people, spanish influenza / influenza pandemic of 1918 that killed~100million people, ~20% of world population infected. One of their adhoc responses is, god's infiinite intelligence and wisdom is beyondour mortal understanding. What I would say to this is,'gods infinite intelligence and wisdom? The bible is a chronicle of screw ups,failures, regrets by this infinitely omnibenevolent, intelligent wise being, that would even make pol pot, hitler / kim jong ills, appear capable, benevolent leaders. ' what would you add or say? '

• marty

I take them with a grain of salt. I would never argue with them about the existence of a diety of any kind and I will respect thats their views and have nothing to do with me. I know there are many different views in the world and since I'm not an all knowing God, I will live my life and let others do the same without forcing my views on them. Respect for others is the way I like to live.

I would probably just say something like, "Yes, it's a challenging world" and then change the subject or make a fast getaway. 

They are entitled to their religious beliefs and I have no interest in trying to convince them otherwise. 

unrelated to personal finance. And your god is a myth.