Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Is $300 too much for clothes?

I’m a 15yo girl & I want to buy new clothes I’ll actually want to wear (since all of my clothes is from 4yrs ago and they're just not my style anymore) but the total of everything I want is $300 which is over any Christmas/birthday budget. I have around $2,500 in my bank account, should I just buy them?

• Judy

Buy things that you really need and will get a lot of use out of.  

Yes, if they are quality. This is my one tip to girls of your age: are you actually going to want to wear it? Do you really love it? Think a few days before you buy it cause believe it or not but after a few days the urge to buy goes away. You can look stunning with anything that's new or elegant. But clothes are important and if this is something you will wear often, why not. Clothes need to be replaced regularly. Just know that I have no clothes anymore that I bought between the age of 0 til 28. All thrown away. 

Study "cost per wearing" before you begin investing in a wardrobe.

I spent more than that on clothes pretty regularly when I was 15, and I lived. So I say go for it.

• kelvin

you should if you feel you can afford them