Do you know of any desktop computers that send signals out in 4K or 8K?

you see, I used my TV as a monitor, and I have a 4k tv, but unfortunately everything I watch on my TV through my computer, never gets to that resolution.  I was wondering if there was a way to get the quality of the picture better?  Or perhaps if there are computers out there, or HDMI Cables out there that might be able to make this possible?  Thank you!

• Lv 7

you need a video cable that can handle 4K. VGA won't cut it.

you need an HDMI 1.2 or newer cable. usually they will say they are 4K rated.

you also need a video card on your PC that will output 4K.

Laptops with the right ports can support external video adapter or card up to 4K at 30 fps, few can do 60 fps.

Ports might be USB-C or Expresscard.  Investigate "eGPU" for boxes or adapters that support 4K.

Have not heard of 8K equipment like an HDTV run as a monitor , but have seen some resolutions up to that level on some cards, like the AMD 580 8GB or higher in a powerful desktop.

The quality of video output is determined by the quality of the video card in the PC.  Most build in video cards are "cheap" and only give output that goes up to what a PC monitor can handle.  Which is below 4K.  

To get 4K output you would need to add a high end video card to your computer.  (Note: you can not do this if you are using a laptop - there is no where in the laptop to install another card.)  A high end video card will set you back in the $220-$250 range.

When purchasing a card, you will need to determine the specs for card itself.  How much memory the Pc will have to have, what version of Windows it needs to running, how fast of a processor it needs, etc.  Also you will need to check the computer's specs and see what kind of ports it has inside the box for inserting the video card.  You will have to purchase a card that has the right connector to fit in that port.

According to NVIDIA:

"All GeForce GTX 600 and 700 series GPUs can support 4K resolutions through DisplayPort."

you probably need to get a better video card