Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why do religious people feel superior to others?

As if they're morally higher than the rest of us. Christians, Muslims and especially Jews. They're the "chosen people". 

• Wundt

Because that is much of the appeal of religion, the sense of 'personal specialness'... "YOU have a special purpose," "God loves YOU," and "Goodness is only possible for people like YOU."  For most people, religion is just ego stroking.

• Paul

Those whose morality is based on the will of God ARE morally superior to those who base their morality on the desires and perversions of the human race.

The Lord has CHOSEN work, not chosen people. People sometimes get it confused. A mailman CHOSEN to deliver a "special delivery letter" does not make the mailman special; only the work is special.

• Papa-G

(Matthew 20:25-28) But Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. This must not be the way among you; but whoever wants to become great among you must be your minister, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

Lying for Jesus must be sinless. Why else would ✞ 2 ...hunter do it all the time if it wasn't?

• It depends if you believe the Word of God or not that "God sets some in the Church" (I Corinthians 12:28) to "edify the Church" (Ephesians 4:11-14) 

Who gives them "a mouth and wisdom that none of their adversaries can refute or contradict" (Luke 21:15).

If you have a problem with God "choosing whomsoever He will" (Daniel 4:17; 25; 32),

YEAH you "feel they feel they are superior to others."

Jesus said in John 15:16

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16).

So what does the person have to do with anything who has said

"HERE I AM LORD, SEND ME" (Isaiah 6:8)?

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?" (I Corinthians 3:1-3).

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD! "REPENT" FROM YOUR LYING CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! LET MY PEOPLE GO!

Religious faith is an ego trip to the fearful faithful...

They  claim "My  God is better than your God". 

And "You need help!" 

Proselytizers don't know just how insulting they are...  

Religious people have zero moral values and their stupidity burns.

• Kin

I assure you genuine, believing, practicing Muslims do NOT feel superior and no one is superior to one another. Where did you get that idea? Anyone who feels prideful and dresses in a prideful way, God won't look at them. It is the accursed satan that assumed he was better than the Prophet Adam, peace and blessings be upon him, when he was indeed very jealous of Prophet Adam and we all know what he said exactly when he expressed his jealousy to God.

They have only choose to be chosen until they produce their Skydaddy /

Morality from a myth is still myth based