How to exercise without hair problems?
My daughter has mixed race hair that is super thick, kinky and gets frizzy and tangled if she gets it wet or sweats. So I want her to get exercise, but she's been avoiding any kind of exercise and getting unhealthy because she doesn't want to mess up her hair. How can she exercise and get healthy without hair problems? Nobody can be healthy if they don't sweat a little to stay healthy.
- MamawidsomLv 72 months ago
She can't because the moisture from the sweat is going to cause her hair to cut. The "solution"is for her to embrace her beautiful curls in a natural state. Here are some thoughts:
1. If her hair is long, she should put her hair back in a braided ponytail before exercise. This will minimized it flopping around and getting tangled as well as keep it out of her eyes and off of her neck.
2. Take her to a stylist who can help her understand the right products and processes to work with her hair to make it curly or wavy rather than kinky and frizzy.
3. Encourage her to find a style to wear in-between washes. For example, day one she wears it down and day 2 she wears it in a ponytail, messy bun, or braid.
4. Suggest the she cut her hair short so that she can wash and style it everyday without a lot of time or hassle.