?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Conservatives: Do you have any objections to america having a FEMALE Secretary of Defense (head of the Pentagon)?

Update:

@winky toons: so you just flat out disregard the constitution which guarantees equal protection under the law?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favourite answer

No. As long as she's qualified for the position.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

They'll mostly say they don't, but many (or maybe even most) of them do have a problem with it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Women do not know and do not want to know about these issues. It would be absolutely stupid to put a woman there.

You have to have a little common sense.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I care that we hire politicians and other such important positions based on merit, not based on sex or race.   I have no problem with a woman in any position so long as she was chosen because she was the most qualified.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • david
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Who cares?  Some women are hawks and would take us into an unjustified war just like a man.  I think the position needs some qualifications.  They should KNOW something, not just KNOW someone .. male or female.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It depends on who it is.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The Secy of Defense is a CIVILIAN position, not a military one. 

Those saying she must have a military background would be in error. 

• 6 months ago

does she have any qualifications?

or is that not something as important to you as her gender?

• 6 months ago

No as long as they have a military background and are intelligent enough to win wars.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, I dont believe women should be in government positions like that.

idk, I guess so if it allows women to run for office or work in the state.  it seems inappropriate and against God's will.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.