?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Conservatives: Do you have any objections to america having a FEMALE Secretary of Defense (head of the Pentagon)?

@winky toons: so you just flat out disregard the constitution which guarantees equal protection under the law?

No. As long as she's qualified for the position.

They'll mostly say they don't, but many (or maybe even most) of them do have a problem with it.

Women do not know and do not want to know about these issues. It would be absolutely stupid to put a woman there.

You have to have a little common sense.

I care that we hire politicians and other such important positions based on merit, not based on sex or race.   I have no problem with a woman in any position so long as she was chosen because she was the most qualified.  

• david

Who cares?  Some women are hawks and would take us into an unjustified war just like a man.  I think the position needs some qualifications.  They should KNOW something, not just KNOW someone .. male or female.

• ?

It depends on who it is.

The Secy of Defense is a CIVILIAN position, not a military one. 

Those saying she must have a military background would be in error. 

does she have any qualifications?

or is that not something as important to you as her gender?

No as long as they have a military background and are intelligent enough to win wars.

Yes, I dont believe women should be in government positions like that.

idk, I guess so if it allows women to run for office or work in the state.  it seems inappropriate and against God's will.