Why everyday most of the stock market news publishes news like another crash will happen but we see it keep going up?

Since March I keep reading the news and even during the march that we had the lowest prices, they were saying "wait" so we see the real "bottom"! Are they fooling us by false news? Or is there anything really fishy going on that we are not aware of?

I know that Feds can manipulate things with printing money but how could they put money in stocks that are not visible to the public?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

<<<Why everyday most of the stock market news publishes news like another crash will happen>>>

I have been in the market for well over 40 years. During that time there have been very few days when there have not been some people predicting the market would be falling soon.

<<<but we see it keep going up? >>>

Different government agencies have done a lot to "stimulate" the economy which helps to drive the market up.

<<<Since March I keep reading the news and even during the march that we had the lowest prices, they were saying "wait" so we see the real "bottom"!>>>People make predictions all the time. A lot of predictions by a lot of people have been wrong in the past and a lot of them will be wrong in the future.<<<Are they fooling us by false news? Or is there anything really fishy going on that we are not aware of? >>>With a few exceptions they are not trying to fool you and nothing fishy is going on.<<<I know that Feds can manipulate things with printing money but how could they put money in stocks that are not visible to the public?>>>

You are correct the federal government and the Federal Reserve Bank are doing a lot to keep the economy as strong as they can under the circumstances, but they cannot put money directly into stocks. Instead they are giving money to people and companies which, when spent, strengthens the economy and increases stock prices.

-----

Here are a couple of things to think about.

Stock prices are are determined by investors and their emotions, usually fear and greed. Usually the market is efficient and all publicly available is used to determine how much as stock is worth, but not always. I don't know if you remember (or have read about) the "dot com bubble" in the 1990s when greed raised stock prices of tech stocks to unreasonably high levels. Eventually the bubble burst, and stock prices tumbled. I think we have gotten greedy again after nearly ten years of a strong bull market, but that is just my opinion, not a prediction. 

Predicting future movements in the stock market is almost impossible to do accurately with any consistency at all. Everyone who makes many predictions will be right some of the time and wrong some of the time. 

• 2 months ago

What is "the stock market news" that publishes information.  The papers of Wall Street like the WS Journal, NY Times, Barons, haven't publishes anything about the market crashing,   Even popular analysis haven't published anything about "crashes".

The Fed DOES NOT and CAN NOT put money into the stock market.  

You've been writing about this for months, always using made up facts and never supporting your comments with facts.

Source(s): Industry experience
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just  matter of time when it Will crash. But trying to predict that? Who could have predicted COVID? 

Historically, the market goes UP. But usually not in leaps and bounds. So Investing should Always be for the long haul. 

• Steve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Some people feel the need to be right about certain things. They love to be able to say see, I told you so. Eventually someone who guesses all the time will be right. Then they feel the prestige of being right. Besides, they do this for a living and have to get buyers and subscribers. A crash may happen and it may not. I mean it undoubtedly will at some point, but Im not going to miss out on the gains now just to save a buck later. So dont always believe what you read. Even if you do believe it, still look things up for yourself and make your own mind up. Dont let any other decide what your head is supposed to think.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There is no such publisher called 'Stock Market News'.

You're taking info from who knows where. They are all predictions, not fact. Predictions dressed up as 'news' is not news.

The truth is that NOBODY knows what's going to happen or when.  Will there be another drop in the market that will be called a 'crash' in the 'news'.  Of course there will.  History has proven this over and over.  And history has proven that the market always comes back and that over time, it will reach new highs.

Whether those new highs are truly high when adjusted for inflation is the real question, and that can be answered by anyone if they do their homework. You will never get an education on stock market investing by reading the 'news'.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.