Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why am I like this?

I love hospitals. I love being in hospital. I like having surgery. I crave it. I CRAVE it. I like getting stitches for my cuts. I'm just attention seeking and I hate it. I can't live like this. I don't know what to do. End me pls. Jks

It sounds as if you have Munchausen's syndrome

''Munchausen's syndrome is a psychological disorder where someone pretends to be ill or deliberately produces symptoms of illness in themselves.

Their main intention is to assume the "sick role" so that people care for them and they are the centre of attention. ''

You need to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis and treatment.

''It may be possible to help control the symptoms of Munchausen's syndrome if the person admits they have a problem and co-operates with treatment.

There's no standard treatment for Munchausen's syndrome, but a combination of psychoanalysis and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) has shown some success controlling symptoms.

Psychoanalysis is a type of psychotherapy that attempts to uncover and resolve unconscious beliefs and motivations.

CBT helps a person identify unhelpful and unrealistic beliefs and behavioural patterns. A specially trained therapist teaches the person ways of replacing unrealistic beliefs with more realistic and balanced ones.''

Possibly because you're an anonymous loser who gets amusement out of being a goof online.

See a psychiatrist.