?
? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

The famous movie Goodfellas has a character called Jimmy Two Times because he says everything twice, what mental issue can cause this or to?

think everything twice? 

I remember that Ellen DeGeneres once talked about her brother who would softly repeat what he had just said. Also, it has been said that Einstein used to softly talk to himself in this way. It does sound like it's a little bit eccentric, but apparently, it's not considered to be a mental problem unless there are hallucinations involved. I think people are just self-reviewing what they just said and did. 

https://theswaddle.com/is-it-normal-to-talk-to-you...

An article by By Liesl Goecker in The Swaddle says, "Not only is talking to yourself out loud perfectly normal, it's actually beneficial in a variety of ways — as well as potentially being “a sign of high cognitive functioning,” according to Paloma Mari-Beffa, PhD, a neuropsychologist and cognitive psychologist who has researched the phenomenon of self-talk."

Habit or obsessive compulsive disorder.  Both my dentist and my doctor repeat themselves.  It is probably an attempt to reinforce their instructions.