Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How much calories do i need?

I'm 17 years old, 5'9 and i weigh exactly 180pounds, i lost 60pounds in less then 3 months, i'm aware it's not healthy but i honestly don't know what to eat and how much i should eat. Now i usually don't go over 1000calories and anytime i wanna eat something bad i eat very little...so for example if i wanna eat chips one day it's gonna be the only thing i eat in that day since i always end up eating the whole thing. And i usually only eat one specific thing everyday such as just chicken or just fish, i very rarely eat fruits and veggies. How much calories do i need and what should i even eat without worrying too much about the calories?

1 Answer

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1000 calories is WAY too low, unless you're under 5' tall.

The calculator below can help you figure out how many calories you should consume. Yes, 60 lbs in under 3 months is much too fast for weight loss and indicates you likely lost some muscle too. Not only that, but it will be hard to maintain that loss because of the unhealthy low amount of calories you consumed while doing it.

Per the source calculator, assuming you're female, you should be consuming 3168 calories per day for a healthy rate of fat loss, assuming you don't really do any exercise. IF you exercise, then your calorie needs increase.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.