Anonymous

Any advice for living in a van? ?

My current 

job is making my life miserable and I want to resign soon. I managed to find a way to make money that I actually enjoy, but it doesn’t pay enough to live off of at the moment. To reduce costs and allow my small business to grow, I thought of living in a van for a while. I only plan on doing this for a year or so. Any advice for living in a van? 

I'm sorry to hear that.  When the job itself is 'sh*tty' it's often up to the people to make the job worthwhile and it sounds like your coworkers are making it a drag.  It's all about the people you work with.  Their attitudes can make or break the experience.

You could be cleaning porta johns for minimum wage and having a blast because your coworkers make it fun while on the other hand you could also be the six-figure salaried CEO and be completely miserable and hate your life.

Does your van have a bathroom and kitchen?  Do you think you can just park anywhere for free?

• ?

there is this girl posting on youtube - she lives in a van and travels all around with her dog. u may search on youtube 

Yes. Keep your job until you find one you like (or your small business gets bigger).

• I think your biggest problem is finding somewhere to park. You will clock up parking tickets and get complaints from residents if you park in the street, you need to know somebody friendly who will let you park on their land.

• JJ

Try it for a couple days or a weekend before you quit. Find out what it's like to live without convenient access to a shower and bathroom, and if that's tolerable for you.