Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Should I be worried about my iq?

I feel like my iq is lower than average. I can't make friends and people never like me. Even my FWB ghosted me. 

It's also hard for me to focus on a task for example. Sometimes I just don't understand simple things. I took ages to understand what was the difference between credit and debit

And I just don't get movies with complicated storylines. Like I didn't understand what was happening in shutter Island. I feel like I can't hold more than one information at the same time in my head. 

• Guber

Don't worry too much about it.  If you just stick with Y!A for a while, things should improve.

relax man, idk what fwb means but chill. Look,i think Einstein put this best "Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid" with that said i graduated high school with my coach calling me retarded, in one class a teacher basically more or less said i was special, guess what? Now i'm making more money then they will ever make and i work like 5 hours a week with my online business i started while they will be stuck working a 9 to 5  until they are like 60 or 70. point is be kind to yourself, you may be illiterate, i know i was and i could not  write for the life of me after high school or do simple mathematics. In one summer before going to community college my aunt taught me everyday what i needed to know and i sat down and got it.  You may be right, you may have a learning disability, but don't put too much into IQ, because it's B.S..... go youtube david  goggins and buy his audio book from audible.com if you can, he had learning issues but he kept it real and  told himself, yea, i'm an overweight, dumbass, doesn't mean i can't change who i am. You have potential and that's all that matters, don't let one thing like IQ define you because the human brain is far to complex to categorize it as  this person is smart and this person is dumb. who's more intelligent? the street smart dude who can work anyone over with his words or the book smart dude who can come up with crazy solutions to our worlds problems but can barely speak full sentences to someone, elon musk is saving the world basically but he's not the most well spoken person. anyhow if you took anything from my rant, go youtube and research elon musk and david goggins, that's my advice