Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 6 months ago

Should I be worried about this?

I was at the post office earlier and was using their tape to tape down my package. As I was taping it down, the sharp metal blade cut into my finger. My finger was bleeding a little bit and I put hand sanitizer on it immediately after getting in my car. I’m honestly now worried if bacteria went into my blood stream/ caught an STD possibly or even caught coronavirus. I’m extremely terrified because I’m not sure how many people might’ve cut themselves in the same way. I did wash it with the soap and rub the cut with an alcohol wipe as soon as I got home, but do you think it was too late? Do you think I’ll be okay?

Don’t be a wuss.

Corona virus is a respiratory virus. You can't catch it through a cut in your finger. You also can't catch and STD from a cut in your finger, unless your finger is somewhere where there's an STD. All you can do is clean it well and cover it. It's also probably a good idea to put an antibiotic on it too.