Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 4 months ago

Do I need to wear my glasses full-time?

I have a -2.50 prescription in one eye and -3.00 in the other. I don't really like wearing them and I don't think I need them in bright places. Is it bad if I don't wear them?

Nobody likes wearing glasses. You will probably get eyestrain if you don't bother to wear them and, if you're still young, this may make your eyeball grow slightly longer leading to the need for an even stronger prescription. When you get to - 9.00 like me you'll find getting thin lenses and fashionable frames is incredibly expensive.

You need to wear your glasses all of the time! You will get use to wearing them, not a big deal to wear glasses but a very big deal to see properly!

Nearly everyone would wear glasses full time if they had the prescription that you have. If you don't want to, that's up to you. Don't drive without them. If you are a student, wear them in class. The rest is entirely up to you. If you have worn them, you know how much you are missing when you don't.