Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 6 months ago

If the FBI is monitoring your online activities, do they literally install spyware on your computer ?

I have suspicion that I might be under surveillance as I'm an activist. Do they literally install spyware on your computer or do they just tap your internet connection ? What do they even do ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Remember Edward Snowden? He brought it out in the open that the government was even physically rigging computers to spy on citizens as well as many other things.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

if you are under surveillance then

your IP address can be monitored

they do not need to install any spyware

on your computer

• Lv 7
    6 months ago

without a warrant, they can only watch from afar.

once they have a warrant (which requires proof), they have as good as caught you doing something illegal...

• 6 months ago

They don't have to install anything on your computer. Your activities on the World Wide Web give them all the information they need. Remember, the "internet" is a broadcast signal that the government ultimately is in charge of. They can monitor it without ANY restrictions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

they don't install anything. US software companies must give "backdoors" to places like NSA . so they don't have to install anything on your computer. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.