Dirac
Dirac asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Anyone else find it amusing that the troll talks about "Dementia Joe", but has 3 spelling and punctuation errors in his own question?

Three is just a minimum, there could be more.  It doesn't really seem like he's in position to talk about the mental failings of others.

LOL, it's amusing that Clown Crusher is now admitting that he's the troll--I never mentioned his name in my question--I only said "the troll"--and yet he's saying I'm mistaken about it being him! I'm fully convinced that Clown Crusher asked the question, and that he doesn't know the difference between affect and effect or where apostrophes belong.

By the way, if you're going to call out the placement of the comma outside the parentheses as one of the errors, don't bother. That's done differently in the U.S. and the U.K. and frankly I prefer the U.K. method, it leads to less confusion.

Koshka, I wouldn't have written this question or mentioned the errors by the troll if he hadn't referred to Biden as "Dementia Joe". That is very rude and also patently ridiculous when you look at the mental competence of the person that is in the White House now. And I go easy on non-native English speakers like yourself.

I liked the misspelling of "Joe's" as "Jose."

Though it looks like he reposted it without that particular mistake.  Now it's just missing the apostrophe.

grammar cop hard at work

LOL.  The troll now realizes it wasn't me posting that, so he summoned his "Koshka" sock to smooth it over.  He'll also take any opportunity--no matter how twisted--to stupidly pretend Koshka isn't his sock.

BTW chief, I count three errors in your shoddy question.  See if you can find them.

• " "

You have your own error on the third line.  The comma goes inside the quotation marks of "Dementia Joe."

• Koshka

I hate to have to defend the troll but in this circumstance I will for the following reasons: 

1) Was the question anonymous? If it was, it could have been someone else. 

2) I make these errors all the time for not being anglophone. Also sometimes I will double task and leave the answer for a few minutes come back and carelessly punctuate or repeat or whatever. 

I remember a certain theoretical physicist that used to post here that I won't name, for his own protection from the troll, who made a lot of typos and was blasted for that. Even-though his answers were good. You probably know who I mean, I think I sent you a paper that he wrote. I respected him a lot, not because he was on the ''sane'' side, but because he was an independent thinker. 

Source(s): I don't think it's right to use ad hominum, after all, you never criticized me for that...nor have I seen you criticize the theoretical physicist that I mentioned.

If they think Biden is demented, wait till they hear Donald Trump 🤣