I work for the government. I applied for a job and got it. Can they readvertise the job? ?

Why not?  I don't bother looking to see whether they reposted my job anymore since it's not conducive to my own performance on the job.  You learn to ignore things like this over the years rather than worrying you're on the verge of getting fired and letting it destroy you inside.  

I just try to do the best I can with what little resources I've been given and try to overcome the fact that I've been setup to fail from the very beginning....

Generally I would have to agree with you though. It isn't very good for morale but many companies will constantly repost jobs to keep their applicant pool built up.  That way if they need someone in a hurry they already have a pool of candidates to choose from.  It's an automated system.

Source(s): The older you get the less you care.
  • fcas80

Yes.  Maybe they need an additional person.