Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

why companies pay for employees if they can get machines or computers to do  jobs cheaper, faster than their employees can? If not better?

why have cities with big office buildings especially? everyone working from home and getting more work done? why drive all the way to a downtown area to work in an office? is it a social event or something more sinister like a psychological rat maze for the elites to entertain themselves watching?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Troy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

They are not getting more done. A few are getting more done. A few types of workloads can be done more effectively at home and some people are the type to get that workload done without a structured environment. 

• 2 months ago

While that sounds really cool. Its not practical in the long run.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is not a philosophy question, Anon.  Since it is about business and computer technology, why not move it to Business and Finance.

Workers at home are not as productive at workers in an office environment.  Children playing. Food smells from the kitchen or the next apartment.  Someone running the vacuum cleaner.  The t.v. in the next room.  No or little contact with colleagues   How can one concentrate on work?

• 2 months ago

Ummm.  When those buildings were built the internet hadn't been invented yet.  Things have not always been the way they are now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

At the end of a whole generation of truck drivers, now obsolete totally due to the new automatic driving trucks, find sitting around complaining instead of driving all I am able to do.  What is going to pay for that?  In fact I can't even do that.  I don't have enough money to sit around complaining.  Yet that is all I am able to do.  Oh well.  So much for robotization. 

• 2 months ago

One, this has ZILCH to do with Politics.

Because they NEED the people to do things that machines CANNOT do.

Duh.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.