Anonymous

Working while awaiting covid test? ?

I was around several people at work who tested positive for covid. My employer tested several of us. I was one of them. I just went back to work today as made to by my employer. I will not get my results back for 2 more days. As well as many more of my other co workers. Is this normal? Are you supposed to work while awaiting results after possible exposure? 

I am not comfortable being at work. But it is mandatory by my employer. 

No. Feel free to call your county health department and report your employer.  Anyone who has been exposed is supposed to self-quarantine until the results of their test come back.  End of story.  No exceptions.  

• ?

If you think you've been exposed then you should get tested and you should be at home until you get your results. If you're positive, you should quarantine for at least 2 weeks or until you get a negative result. I'm surprised your employer didn't change their policies due to covid 19.

If you have to go to work, wear a mask and practice physical distancing, staying at least 6 ft away from your co workers and your boss. 

no, u re not supposed to work and u should self quarantine. this is why there re so many infected people compared to other countries. but the good thing it is not that contagious if u take precautions. my acquaintance is a nurse (not corona virus special ward, just a nurse in health centre), she was in contact with a patient who later tested positive for corona virus, so everyone who had been in contact were tested and quarantined for 2 weeks, even thou their tests came out negative - u should have 3 tests to have proper results. so she did not get sick, which means most probably u re not sick either  

• Rick B

Wear a mask and stay 6 feet way from others.  Life must go on.

If you think you were exposed, you’re supposed to self quarantine until your test comes up negative. 

By being at work, you could be infecting everyone that you come into contact with.