Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Should I care that I walked thru a near empty car park to my car in daytime, a person locked their car when they see me? It made me feel sad?

And in the supermarket the manager kept staring as if I was a theif! I was wearing my dark hoodie, cap and compulsory face mask( hospital white color). It was early in the day 7 am and I wasn’t prepared for these negative vibes from these ppl 

Cogito, you live in fear

i probably wouldnt care, its not like you were doing something wrong

You cannot control or change other people, but you are completely responsible for your own thoughts, emotions and behavior.  You cannot possibly know the thought process of the person in the car park or the supermarket Manager, and assumptions are counterproductive.  Focus on yourself and go about your business.

• Cogito

No - most people lock their car doors in a nearly empty car park.  I certainly do, especially if I see someone walking nearby.

I'd also be suspicious of anyone wearing a hoodie, with the hood up.

People aren't giving out 'negative vibes' - they're just being careful.

This is probably because he routinely locks his car.  I lock my car all the time.  What's your point?  As far as the supermarket, how would you feel if the situation were reversed?  I'm sure you'd watch that person too.

You should not feel sad about walking through the empty car park and a car door getting locked. I realize it could be unnerving; however, I've been to many safety seminars and sessions, and it is always suggested to lock the car door when you're in the car. As far as the supermarket, I worked in one for more than ten years. I cannot express how lacking in intelligence and common sense the managers were. Look at it this way: The dopey manager was focused on you while another shopper was robbing the store blind. You certainly get the last laugh! And remember to always lock you car door as soon as you get in!

i would try not to worry about it, they were the ones being rude