Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Do you tip taxi drivers, waiters, delivery drivers? ?

I personally don't tip a lot because I pre pay or do contactless lol I honestly hate tipping but I do it sometimes. When I get in a taxi, the taxi drivers especially don't say anything about it which is good lol why can't workers be grateful that customers want their business that allows then to get a wage, instead of making us tip them aswell. If somebody doesn't pay enough at work. Value your worth and go work somewhere who pays top dollar that you deserve. 

i would tip them

Yes, yes and sometimes (depends on what they are delivering).

Most certainly, I tip. In the US, the IRS assumes a set amount of tip money is given to wait staff and drivers and taxes on it, whether a person received the tip income or not. There is no adjustment for customers from outside the US who do not tip or tip much less than US residents do. If you think tipping and fair wages should be changed, then go through to proper process: Start a petition and get the minimum number of supporters to get your proposal on the next voting ballot. 

usually if i dont know whether to tip or not i just ask them

• denise

Yes, taxi drivers, waiters, and the guy that delivers my takeaway.