my drivers licenses expire in 2023, if i file for my real id do i lose my expiration date.  ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 days ago

Buy driving license in Russia https://on-prava-3.com

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You may or may not keep it you apply before 2023. You might as well wait. They keep extending the deadline. Its probably 10-15+ years away if a real deadline ever comes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I changed mine to the "real ID" when I renewed my license so the date remained the same.  Perhaps they'll change the expiration date and renew it for four or eight years (depending on your state) so they can charge the full amount.

Make sure you have all the required documentation.  It was quite the "adventure" waiting at the DMV for hours to get it.  :(

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you apply for a "real" ID driver's license, it won't affect the expiration date on your current license - it will still expire in 2023.  You'll just be issued a new laminated copy of your current license. It will look exactly the same as your current license and  it will contain the same information. The only difference will be that the "real" ID will have a gold star or some kind gold logo in the upper right corner. The gold logo is proof that it is  a "real" ID.

If you want to apply for a "real" ID before your current license is due to expire, you might have to pay a small application fee.

If you prefer, you can just wait until your current license is about to expire in 2023, and renew it then. It will automatically renew as a "real" ID. You won't have to do anything except renew it.. If you already  have a driver's license, the DMV already has all the information about you on file  that it needs in order to issue you a "real" ID.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes.  The expiration day then changes to the day you file for real ID.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It should reset to 4 years (8 years in my state) until your realid expires.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In my state, if you file for the real id, then the expiration date remains the same unless your license expires in less than six months.

If you expire in less than six months, then the license renews for the next full term.  

Your real id license would still expire in 2023.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They will give you a new expiration date.

• 2 months ago

i would ask them this question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.