Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Is this woman I am about to describe one who did something wrong in her marriage or is it okay to do if unhappy in a marriage?

So I knew a woman who is the sister of my uncle's ex-wife. My uncle and his wife were unhappy in their marriage and so the wife asked for a divorce and they got one. No cheating (though one dated before divorced) and no infidelity (same thing I know). Yet the ex-wife's sister, whose son I used to play with when my uncle was married, was unhappy in her marriage. Not sure the details but she had 3 kids and decided another man was who she loved and not her husband. She began an affair with that man and then, and only then, told her husband she wanted a divorce. This was in the 1990's. I recall my then-aunt, uncle's ex, stating her sister was wrong and knows it. Her two daughters stayed with her and her son lived with his heartbroken Dad. 

So while I am not looking to cast stones at this woman I have not seen in over a decade, I am wondering this. Was this woman wrong or was it okay and adultery being wrong is just me being judgemental? 

• Joel

She clearly did something wrong in her marriage by starting another relationshio before ending it. It's a common thing to do when women need some kind of support structure romantically before they leave the marriage. The practice isn't right, but I understand why it's done.

• Tj

It is not your place judgement on anyone. You need to worry about yourself not a family member. MYOB

Adultery is always wrong. It's just too easy to get a divorce first. 

It's just you being judgmental.