What happens if I don't do my car's inspection (never)?

I live in Texas

• Edna

I live in Texas. If you live in Texas and you don't have your car inspected for safety every year, you won't be allowed to register the car and you won't be driving the car. In Texas, we now have a yearly two-step process in order to renew your registration.

The first step is: You must take your car and proof of insurance to an approved State Inspection location and have it inspected for safety. You'll be issued a State Inspection Certificate which will include the make and model of the car, the VIN, the mileage, the insurance information, and the date of inspection. That information is forwarded  to the DMV via computer by the State Inspection location

.

After that, the second step is: You take the Certificate of Inspection to the office of the County Tax Assesor/Collector in your County of residence, pay them the registration fee, and register your car with the State. You'll be issued an Inspection sticker that you place on the inside of the windshield on the driver's side.

You MUST present that office with the Inspection Certificate, or you won't be allowed to register your car. If you don't renew your registration every year, that means you'll be walking.  

You can't renew your tag & be able to legally drive it.

You (never) drive.  Or you do drive and get arrested.

• May

Then your car never gets inspected....

• ?

most likely the police will pull you over and fine you. If you happen to have an accident your insurance wont pay and possibly you will be charged