About Smog Check?

I went to get my smog check today. It said my car didn’t passed. I told him I did changed the battery like back in April. He told me to drive more miles for it. So I went To drive my car for for like 130 miles. Took it back to the auto shop and it still didn’t passed. The mechanic wants me to keep taking it out for a drive more and more and bring it back.  Before I took it out for a 130 miles drive, the miles on my car was like around 36,190 something. Now it’s 36,317 miles. 

• not

If the mechanic said to drive it then it has not finished some self tests. During driving the car will self test various systems and set codes if a test fails or report that the tests have passed. The tests require various driving conditions so some of all types of driving is necessary. You can research drive cycle. If you drive and drive without it ever doing the tests then you need a mechanic to diagnose why it won't complete the tests. 

What an interesting story.

Would you like to ask a question while you're here........?

• Ron

Are you an idiot?

Year make and model.  You need to read the smog inspection report and tell us what is on it.  It is likely the monitors are not ready because you changed the battery.  Read driving steps to get to get the monitors ready on the internet for your make and model.

From a website:

"Catalyst Monitor Drive Cycles

The following are some sample drive cycles for the catalyst monitor to run:

Ford:   The catalyst monitor will not run until the HEGO (oxygen sensor) monitor has run and completed successfully with no faults found. The vehicle must then be driven in stop-and-go traffic conditions at five different cruise speeds ranging from 25 to 45 mph over a period of 10 minutes.

GM:   The catalyst monitor runs after cruising at 55 mph for 5 minutes, but it make take up to five drive cycles at this speed before the monitor will run!

Chrysler: The catalyst monitor will NOT run unless the Check Engine light is off, no fault codes are present, the fuel level is between 15 and 85 percent full, and the coolant temperature is above 70 degrees F. If these conditions have been met, the engine must have run at least 90 seconds, and the engine speed must be between 1,350 and 1,900 rpm. Idle vehicle for five minutes (to reach closed loop operation), the drive at a steady speed between 30 and 45 mph for two minutes.

Toyota: The catalyst monitor will run after driving the vehicle at 40 to 55 mph for seven minutes, followed by driving at 35 to 45 mph for another seven minutes."

The good news that they amount you drive your car, it does not matter much whether you pollute  or not.  It would help if the mechanic said why you should drive more.