Boyfriend wants me to for car damage that i probably didn't do.?

Hey! so two years ago my boyfriend was very sleepy on the way home from the mall (45 mins away) and told me to drive home. I said sure! On the way back the directions were unclear and long story short I tried to make a turn at high speeds because it told me when to turn to late. I know, not so smart. I ended up hitting a curb at 40 mph or so, probably less. There was no immediate damage. Two years later his coolant started leaking and this costs him $960 and he's blaming me for this. His car is very old, and was used before he bought it, i asked my parents and they 100% don't think this is my fault and I also believe this is not my fault at all. what do you think?

P.S thank you for all the comments it's really helped me feel better and realize i 99% didn't cause this

• Kaz

Two years?  Nope, not your fault.  

If it was two DAYS, maybe he'd have a leg to stand on.  

Any mechanical problems from that would have shown up immediately or shortly thereafter.  

IMO, you'd be a fool to pay for his repairs.

• ?

If you hit a curb hard, the tires, wheels, suspension, steering would take the abuse. 

If 2 years went by, without the tires failing or the vehicle driving crooked, then likely the damage, if any, was minimal. 

Now that the radiator(?) or water pump(?) or some coolant hose is leaking, I would question the age of the vehicle and the amount of miles on the odometer. 

What year is the vehicle and what numbers are on the odometer?? 

What did the $960 bill say was repaired?

-General automotive mechanic since 1972

• ?

What you did was about as likely to cause a leak in the coolant system as flushing a toilet causing a refrigerator to stop working.

In no way did the accident cause the current problem...it seems clear there is some other issue underlying all this.  You two may have a relationship that looks for faults and mistakes in the other and uses that in a power struggle.

Dump him he's an ahole.

I agree with your parents.