kaykay asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

MY BUNNY ISNT POOPING! ?

My bunny isn’t pooping at all today. It’s been 4 hours since he pooped but he’s been eating and drinking! I don’t know what to do! I have critical Care with me but i don’t know when i should give it to him

• Ocimom

I don't think rabbits poop right after they eat.  

You should see the vet to just find out why. Good luck!:)

Sounds like he might have a build up of hair in his digestive tract. If he's eating and drinking, that's a good sign. I give mine a few 4-5 raisins once a week as a treat that also promotes bowel health. Pineapple chunks also work well. Not the kind in heavy syrup. The canned kind packed in it's own juice.1 or 2 chunks should do the job. A piece of apple with the skin removed would also work. Keep a close eye on him though. Bunnies can get sick pretty fast when their gut is out of whack.

• *****

Critical care should be used only when advised to by a veterinarian. If you're concerned, phone your vet for advice.