Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Was I wrong to call my wife promiscuous ?

My wife had multiple sexual relationships before we met. So did I. While talking about our past I casually said she was a promiscuous women before she met me and she got upset!! Was I wrong? I just used a word based on its definition. 

multiple relations does not make on promisuous.   if she was having sex for 10 years before you met her and had 10 guys in 10 years, would you call her promiscuous?  i wouldn't

apologize, best thing you can do is not think about her past. I know it's dumb but whatever.

So what does that make you? A promiscuous man? Why bring it up at all since you both have a past? 

As long as you agree that you were both promiscuous that's probably okay. But "multiple sexual relationships" doesn't necessarily mean promiscuous. A serial monogamist who never cheated and wasn't having one night stands with strangers isn't promiscuous. 

Will you be okay if she casually begins to call you a dickweed? Or a male slut? 

I don't think you would have liked it if she'd called you promiscuous.  You have insulted your own wife.  Now why-was that I wonder?  Now you are back-pedalling by being pedantic about the word promiscuous because she's got sniffy at you.  She did the same as you before you met and you just HAD to mention it.  I think you are feeling a little superior to your wife, the awful slut.  You were a man-about-town.....quite a different thing.  Stop being two-faced and go and do a lot of grovelling.  She might actually forgive you.

I wouldn't be insulted, but my husband would never say that.  In fact, he's never (in 10 years) asked me about my sexual past.

If she says you can't spell - SHE was a promiscuous woMEN - in a casual manner, would you be upset?

• Linda

If you were a male slut then how can you call her promiscuous and keep a straight face? It didn't need to be said even if it was true based on what she revealed to you. It probably wouldn't score any points with your wife by pointing out to her that she had the morals of an alley cat or slut so naturally she'd get mad. Apologize and eat your words!