Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Would it be fair to say that Black Lives Matter has helped improve race relations in the United States?

Everything is just great now!

The point was not to improve race relations, obviously. It's about white people bowing down to blacks. They want things to be like in South Africa where blacks are allowed to sieze white farmers' land 

• KTJoe

Race relations was great before BLM. All protesters did was give people living in certain areas a sign saying please don't hurt me, steal my stuff, we like you. 

The USA was a country of happy people through the 1970s and into the 1980s and 90s speaking as a non resident frequent  visitor okay there was some racism but all groups had a reasonably good relationship with each other and then all this **** happened. I cant believe it really very sad.

• Prince

No and it SHOULD have done. At first, when I watched 11 minutes of suffocation, i was truly HORRIFIED by a roadside execution in America. Despite George Floyd's record I still believed in the Founding Fathers' concept of a fair, speedy and public trial. I did NOT think the officers should have executed him on the street. Although I did NOT like George Floyd personally and I would have considered him "scum" and, had I been his judge in what SHOULD have been his last case, I would have thrown the Book at George Floyd and locked him away as long as I possibly could have . . . still though and all, I thought that the Police should have taken him into custody alive and he should still be alive today. So I started out 100 per cent supportive of Black Lives Matter and it did indeed hold the moral high ground, a gift given Me actually in 1968 or was it '69 in the Stratford Hills Apartments where some old man gave My father Kennedy half dollars . . . but I digress, but then the rioters stole the Moral High Ground from the movement.

BLM has made it worse .The BLM supporters violence and destructive behavior is directly associated with the BLM crowd and that includes more violent white supporters of BLM and any other race . 

They have made everything worse.  Violence excites a nation to protect themselves.  Look at The McCloskeys and The Lacys.  We know now more than ever that the Police Force Matters.

Race relations were much better when I was a kid, also black people had families, jobs, went to church and lived good lives.  The average black person was far better off 40 years ago.  Its a travisty of justice what decades of liberals and their nonsense have done to black people but hey as long as Dems get the votes thats all they care about.

What a maroon!!

No not all all , it has torn this country apart . Crime has increased and they are no longer protesting its called rioting .

You can't even call them "only black lives matter" because they go after their own. Just another hate group from the left. I think I have lost count now.

No.

It improves the connection/unity the black community lost to no fault of our own.

And we are not here to improve race relations. That's what racists do.....🤔

Improve and deteriorate relationships based on RACE.

it's time to remove race from govt forms.

Affirmative action would cease to exist. So will this inequity and privileges among races in America.......🎭

Individual merit solely.