What would you think a ship would look like if it sailed farther and farther away on a flat surface?

Update:

For those asking what the point is I am helping my sister out with her Science homework and this was one of the questions however, I and my sister have different opinions on it so I just wanted to see what others thought. This question is supposed to show that the earth is not flat. Sorry if there was any confusion. 

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would become a dot at the 'vanishing point'.

• 2 months ago

It would appear smaller and smaller as it moved away. but you would still be able to see both the boat and the sails.

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Oh again with this bizarre round or spherical earth theory. Surely we finally got rid of this lie when we elected the Flat Earth Party. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A lot smaller than close up!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zac Z
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would keep getting smaller until you couldn't see it any longer because it has become "smaller than a single dot" if you know what I mean.

However, it would never sink beneath the surface as ships on a globe do.

• 2 months ago

Like the picture of the ship, "Ella". Really illustrates the fact that you're asking a question about ships. Well done.

• 2 months ago

It would look just like a ship. But it would get smaller and smaller.

What is your point?

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sometimes I see an airplane that has just taken off flying overhead. Eventually it gets so far away you can't see it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It appears smaller and smaller...duhhh.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just as shiplike as on a curved surface....what's your point? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.