as the sole heir of an estste can i open an account that i own in the name of the estate under my own tax id #?
- EvaLv 72 months ago
Estates must have their own tax ID.
- curtisports2Lv 72 months ago
No. If you are also the executor, you must open an estate account. The assets are not yours until the estate has cleared probate and all estate debt is paid. You cannot use your own tax ID, you would use the Social Security number of the deceased.
- 2 months ago
- A HunchLv 72 months ago
What you do depends on how the estate is left.
- is there a will? You likely need to go to court and get yourself assigned as executor
- is there no will? You need to go to court and get yourself assigned as administrator
- is there a trust? then you need to get a tax id from the IRS. it takes about 5 minutes.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- FuhrLv 62 months ago
I declare you a full-grown moron! May god have mercy on your soul.