I’m looking for the names of a scottish time travel romance book series?

I know this is a long shot but I can’t seem to find these two books anywhere. I read them once from an online library, and have completely forgotten the names of them. I looked on the library site and can’t seem to find them. They are Scottish time travel romances, and 2 friends who fall back in time and get in with rivals clans. I remember something about them meeting at an old mill. Thats all I got! So frustrating. Thanks!

If it's only two books, and they're about two friends, rather than about one woman called Claire, they're almost certainly not the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon.

It would be helpful if you could tell us roughly WHEN you read them. The first "Outlander" book (titled "Cross-Stitch" in the UK) was published in 1991.

And any details at all - like the meeting at the old mill - that could jog someone's memory. Any names, places, particular events, pets, colours, foods?

PS I just googled "Scottish time travel romance" and several titles came up. Why don't you try?

I assume it's not the Outlander series, right? Geez, how many Scottish time travel romances are there?

Lots.

Authors of Scottish time travel romances include Hazel Hunter, William Newell, Stella Knight, Bethany Claire, Rebecca Preston, Katy Baker, Abby Niles, Claire Delacroix, and Sara Carter.

Check them out on GoodReads or Amazon and you'll probably see the ones you're remembering.

FWIW, I didn't dig deep enough to determine which of these might be self-published or commercially published. If you can remember whether the online library has only one or the other, that might narrow the possibilities.

You sure this isn't the Outlander series?