Would another bachelors degree help me get into a top law school?

If I already hold a BS degree in Business with a 3.0 GPA from a local state school and then pursue a second bachelors degree and achieve a 3.9 GPA in History, would that help my chances of getting into Yale Law School or another top tier program?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The answer is no.  If you had to take another 30 credits to get your second degree, and had a 4.0 GPA in those classes, your overall GPA would only rise to about 3.2.  You would still have trouble getting into a lower tier law school with that GPA.  A top school would be out of the question.  Its also important to be realistic.   If you achieved a 3.0 at a local state college as an undergraduate, being able to even pass courses in an elite law school would be doubtful.  

Doing well in a Masters program, and then applying to an average law school, would be a more realistic scenario.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You get into law school primarily based on your undergraduate GPA and LSAT scores. Philosophy majors and engineering majors tend to do the best on the LSAT.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.