Would another bachelors degree help me get into a top law school?

If I already hold a BS degree in Business with a 3.0 GPA from a local state school and then pursue a second bachelors degree and achieve a 3.9 GPA in History, would that help my chances of getting into Yale Law School or another top tier program?

• John

The answer is no.  If you had to take another 30 credits to get your second degree, and had a 4.0 GPA in those classes, your overall GPA would only rise to about 3.2.  You would still have trouble getting into a lower tier law school with that GPA.  A top school would be out of the question.  Its also important to be realistic.   If you achieved a 3.0 at a local state college as an undergraduate, being able to even pass courses in an elite law school would be doubtful.  

Doing well in a Masters program, and then applying to an average law school, would be a more realistic scenario.

• Scott

You get into law school primarily based on your undergraduate GPA and LSAT scores. Philosophy majors and engineering majors tend to do the best on the LSAT.