What is the average monthly electric bill in Georgia for a 3 bedroom house?

The electric bill where I am staying is around $50 for 4 days, which appears abnormally high.  I am not running anything unusual that requires a lot of power (just TV's, laptop, PCs, refrigerator, deep freezer, etc).  Is this normal or is something foul?

• y

With my AC, I run $400.00 a month. Without the AC Just under $200.00 in the winter, about $120.00 in the summer without the AC. I'm on my own well, that is a large chunk. 3 bed, two bath, about 2000 sq' house. Utilities do change with location, I'm in Ma.

• elhigh

That sounds very unreasonable to me.  My home's electric bills don't usually go higher than maybe $120-150 for the whole month; $50 for just four days is more than double that much.

It's worth asking, what is your electric utility rate?

• A.J.

That is abnormally high and the hard part is determining what it should be in Georgia in July in a 3 bedroom home. Air conditioning is a big user and leaving a door or windows open with an AC set in the low 70'sF with outside a humid 90+ can skyrocket an electric bill. 

The department of Energy data said $806 million for Georgia residential in July 2019 over 4.46 million customers which is $180.71 for July 2019 average bill. This fits a $123 Georgia annual per month rate reported separately as July is hot and not all winter heating is electricity and winters and fall and spring are mild in Georgia normally.

A 3 bedroom home is greater than average household overall, considering homes and apartments. Using temperature data for July 2019 vs July 2020, there is no significant difference at Atlanta Hartfield Airport in average high or average average.

The cost per kWH in Georgia is not significantly different July 2020 vs July 2019.

The pandemic with more people at home, probably raised usage over typical.

$250 in July 2020 for a Georgia 3 bedroom home using all electric surprises me as high but doesn't conflict with all of the data as an engineer doing a high-side estimate with everything I have to do it. That is $8 per day. $50 for 4 days is $12.50 per day.

$32 would be more in line with data averages. By percentage overage it is high.

Do you have meter readings of before and after for 4 days at $0.13 per kwh after all taxes as about right? Who is charging this number, because electricity is not billed daily? As I began, I conclude. It is abnormally high as I might expect $25 to $50 as a possible range. Is the household pressuring the AC? Is it an old home with inefficient AC and insulation? Was everyone at home all month not caring about open doors and windows? Is someone cheating you? Lots of questions with no clean explanation with just what you show.

im in the uk ..that sounds really expensive ..i pay 12p per kw ..circa 15 cents ..my bill last month was £25 .for 31 days .of that £4.50 was standing charges 

Something's wrong.  I have a 2900sf house and the AC runs 24/7.  Our electric bill is under $100/month.