What are the red and blue wires near my battery terminals ? ?

One day my Nissan Altima 1997 GXE wouldn’t start . All my lights came in . Car windows rolled up and down. This stranger came up and said it was my terminals. They were eroded . So he switched them out . While he was doing it he cut this blue wire that was with a red wire near the battery. Now my car lights don’t turn on My car is completely dead . AND I DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. Am I supposed to reattach the wires and if so where ? Is this even fixable ? 

Take your car to a competent mechanic already.  You cannot fix it and nobody online can fix it too.

The BLUE WIRE  is very possibly connected to a device called a "fusible link" that prevents damage to the electrical system if the starter shorts out when trying to start it. That wire needs to be reconnected or replaced. If the wire is cut or the fusible link melts (it's similar to a fuse) then the car won't turn on or start. 

Don't know what it's for, why not reconnect it!