Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Did I have Sleep paralysis or out of body experience?

Hi,

When I woke up this morning everything felt normal to me but it really wasn’t.

I was lying on my front and woke up and as I went to move my right arm it felt like it was moving but I could see that it was dead still.

I was super confused so I went to push it down and it felt as if it was going underneath my bed and I could reach to the bottom.

I then sat up and my arm flopped down and wouldn’t move but I felt as if I was moving it.

If i wanted to move it right it would feel like it, if I wanted to move it up it would feel like it and so on. Eventually as I tried my hardest to actually move my arm it flopped over but I still couldn’t move it. 

I eventually lifted it up with my left arm and I got pins in needles and a feeling of control in my arm.

Does anybody know what happened as I felt as if I was moving my arm but it was not moving at all.

Thank you 

Also what causes this to happen?

Wouldn't be Out of Body. An out of body experience is when you have a vivid dream you are somewhere you have never been, and remember every detail of what you saw. Like maybe a taxi cab.

Then six months later you actually visit a place you have never been to, and as you walk out of the airport, there is the exact taxi with the exact license plate number waiting to pick you up.

No, that's not sleep paralysis, bcuz you wouldn't have been able to move at all. You slept in a bad position and cut off the blood flow to your arm. It's called positional paresthesia.

I think what happened is your arm got numb while you were sleeping and when your arm is numb it moves everywhere and flops everywhere and when you rub it to wake it up you get these pins and needles before it stops being numb. That happens to me a lot. I have a habit of sleeping with my arm under my pillow and it gets numb and I have those same feelings. I don't think there's anything really wrong, it just happens. 

It was a sleep paralysis due to waking life stress 's impact in sleep