Dream interpretation about dead friend?

I am having reoccurring dreams that are hurting me in my daily life of my first love dying. He really did pass on my birthday this year and ever since I have dreams where I try to find him and go back to save him so he doesn’t overdose like he did. At first he’s happy to see me but ends up passing away each time anyway no matter what I do. I’ll find him in a crowd give him a huge hug and spend time with him trying my best to persuade him not to take the heroin. After many tries and him dying anyway he starts to change each time. He starts to lose who he is and becomes focused on taking the drug and finding ways to get it after promising he won’t. No matter what I do in the dream doesn’t make a different outcome. At the end of the dream I even sleep next to him to make sure but dose off and he is dead in the morning. I wake up still in the dream and hysterically cry in shock just like when I found out in real life. After his death the nightmares and my quality of sleep changed. I have these dreams less frequently now but just as heartbreaking. What message could these dreams be that my subconscious is trying to tell me? Could it be spiritual or just me trying to change reality?

If it helps I’m a F 23 he just passed at 23 

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss.  To add insult to injury, he died on your birthday.  That must sting a lot.  You have no answers and that is why the dreams continue.  He dies over and over, so I hope that at some point you will have an answer to why this happened.  Well, he was a heroin addict, and your birthday was coming up and maybe he wanted to be up and high for you.  Or maybe there is an unknown reason why he got stoned on heroin on that day.  At any rate he left you.  And it hurts.  Many people have lived through this same thing, as there are so many people stoned on some kind of drug in these times.  I would make the suggestion to go to a counselor to talk all of this through, to help you unload all of this sorrow, and also anger.  You don't recognize it, but you are angry as heck at this guy, because he has not only messed up his Life, but your Life also.   Interview 5 different therapists and pick the one you feel comfortable with, and then unload all of these feelings in therapy.  It helps.  You will feel better. 

• Rich

I feel your dream is rooted in feelings of guilt.

You feel guilty because of his passing and your subconscious is taking over in your dreams as you try all the many things to help him, but to no avail.

The reason that you can't help him no matter what you do is because you are neither responsible for his heroin addiction nor are you able to stop an addiction of that nature.

When a person is addicted to heroin they are literally in satan's domain. The Bible says he is a snake, and for many reasons.

A heroin addiction is like a snake that coils around him. As time passes there is another coil, and another coil, and the serpent then squeezes the life out of the person. That is what satan loves to do.

The only one that could have set him free is Jesus Christ, for no human being, no matter what they do, have the power to stop satan.

Jesus has been given all authority over heaven and earth, and he has come to set people free, like your bf:

Luke 4:18

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free."

John 8:36

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

So please don't allow satan to now fill you with so much guilt that you yourself become depressed.

You are not Jesus Christ. You can't set someone free like that.

If all people who are addicted to heroin would repent of their sins, seek the Lord with all their heart and ask him to set them free, he would!

I hope you will pray to the Lord yourself, repent of your sins and ask HIM to set you free from the feelings of guilt and any negative emotions rooted in your bf's passing.

Let it go. Live goes on, and you need to be prepared because satan is now going after more and more people as this nation turned away from God, things will get worse.

Then plead Psalm 91 over yourself and your loved ones every day.

And never ever take the mark of the beast. Research that in the Bible. This is coming very soon now.