Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

If my baby’s father is in the navy, does that mean I’ll get more money for child support?

It depends on WHERE and how child support is determined.  Calculator?  Percentage?  Something else?

• ?

Actually, if you go to the state court that ordered the child support, it may turn out that your child support award is less because the Navy enlisted baby father is earning less that he did as a civilian. Pay per month for a beginning E-1 Navy recruit is $1603.

• TomB

That will depend on the Courts and the results of the Court Ordered DNA test.

The Judge decides how much financial support the child will receive once Paternity has been established and the financial statements from both parties have been reviewed.

I believe child support is based on income. If he's enlisted, you probably wouldn't get much. Officer, maybe.