Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I’m 21, lost virginity to bf. We did it while I was on period and I started on that day. Period starts today but no signs of it yet?

I’m really worried and the stress is killing me. I would really like to hear your opinion about it 

The only sign I’ve gotten is that my breast are a bit sore and I feel like I’m getting cramps but since I’m nervous my stomach is feeling a bit weird 

Stopped being stress and poof! My period was back, so all good.

• Jen

Don't stress too much, you're only a day late. There are plenty of reasons why your period might be late, it's not always down to pregnancy. The more you stress, the more it won't come. Just try not to think about it too much. Also, I'm pretty sure the chances of getting pregnant while having sex on your period are very slim, because you're not in the fertile cycle while you're on your period.

• Edna

You had sex with your boyfriend while you were having a period, and then you began a period. You would not have begun a period, if you had gotten pregnant during the time you were menstruating. It's almost impossible to get pregnant while you're menstruating - there's no mature egg in your body at that time to be fertilized.

You didn't say when this took place, but I'm assuming it was within the last 30 days. If so, you would not yet be experiencing sore breasts or any cramping, not this soon - not even if you HAD gotten pregnant.  Other than a missed period, most women don't begin experiencing any physical signs of pregnancy until they are at least 6 to 8 weeks pregnant.  

if you used protection, no big deal

• Tavy

Getting pregnant while bleeding is incredibly rare. No egg and sperm can hold on to your womb lining while it is being shed. You are not even late.

After an unprotected sex , even in periods , a woman can get pregnant if she ovulated during this period . There are , however bleak chances of it , very very rare in those women whose periods are irregular. Wait for a week for ur period , if the period does not come , get ur pregnancy test to be sure of ur pregnancy