How to boost the lemon flavor of boxed lemon flavored cake mix?

I'm not looking for make it from scratch because I'm not going to do it.

Update:

User "Girl" your answer isn't showing up. The filter doesn't like it for some reason, try making some adjustments so that it will show up.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Girl
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Grate in some fresh lemon zest, that should enhance the flavour more. You can also add artificial lemon flavouring you find in bottles.

I would not add the juice of a lemon unless you want the cake to taste a little on the sour side. 

Edit : The yahoo glitch still hasn’t disappeared !! 

my original answer to your question was :  Grate in some fresh lemon zest, that should enhance the flavour more. You can also add artificial lemon flavouring you find in bottles.

I would not add the juice of a lemon unless you want the cake to taste a little on the sour side. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Add lemon zest.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would add grated lemon zest to the cake mix .. and then drizzle it with icing made from icing sugar and lemon juice afterwards.

Don't add juice to the cake mix .. it will make the cake taste sour.

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What Girl said - zest not juice will give the lemon flavor a punch without making it sour. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Add a little lemon juice to the mix when you make it.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just squeeze the juice of a lemon into the batter. Just remember to take out the pits. 

• Add lemon juice to the mix.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.