Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

California Written DMV Test?

Hey guys. I’m a person who overthinks a lot of stuff and I need assurance from you guys. I took the test at the DMV today and I was nervous. Everything went by so fast but I ended up passing my written tests. It seemed as if I made a ton of mistakes but I still passed lol. The lady said congrats and gave me my permit. Did I really pass? Or did they make a mistake or something? It felt like I failed but idk how I passed lol. Thanks for the answers guys. I’m overthinking so much because I hope they didn’t make a mistake at the DMV. But the lady clearly said I passed so I hope I’m good, and I have my permit in hand right now. Am I overthinking?

Ugh I just don’t wanna waste 6 months practicing and know that they made a mistake later on. DID I REALLY PASS?

I vaguely remember the computer said “Congratulations” but when I clicked the next page it said “not outstanding” or something along those lines. Do you guys remember what the computer says after you pass the test? 

• Edna

You most definitely are over-thinking this, and for no reason. If the lady said you passed the test and handed you a permit, you REALLY DID pass the Written Test - she did NOT make a ,mistake. She's done this 100s of times already and she knows what she's doing, and what is passing and what is failing. She would never have handed you a permit if you had NOT passed the test.

You don't have to answer ALL the questions correctly in order to pass the Written Test. You only have to answer a particular percentage of the questions correctly.

• Ron

Remember when you mother told you that you were adopted? Yeah, she didn't lie

• Bill

It takes at least 72 hours for the US State Department and Homeland Security to validate your test results. Don’t answer the phone because if they can’t reach you they can’t rescind your permit.  They’ve been known to transmit a fake Caller ID number when phoning people. 

• CB

Expect a call from the DMV in a week or so (they do nothing fast) revoking your permit due to computer errors grading the tests due to covid-19. 

Sleep well Grasshopper.

• May

The lady congratulated you and gave you your permit.  Why would you even question whether you really didn't pass?

Geez!

If they gave you the instructions permit (valid for 1 year), you passed the knowledge test. It's okay to have some errors on the test. I would still keep the handbook if I were you.