Atheists, why do you choose to consume alcohol during these difficult times?

• Archer

I don't have 'you' difficult time and don't consume because of it but I do like my double shot of Whisky once in a while before watching the late movies.

For the same reason that I do at other times - because I enjoy an occasional drink. What makes you think that atheists are any different from Christians (or even Jesus) in that regard?

You don't know that atheists drink, nor that Christians don't.  Some people use alcohol to get through hard times.

I'd bet my house that in the USA more Christians are alcoholics than atheists, as you outnumber us like 20 to 1.

• Zany

I can't speak for Atheists, but it's no different now for me than last year. I like it.

As an atheist, I always fix rationally the problems that appear in my life and it works. 

Alcohol is not at all a solution, since it's like sticking your head in the sand. Think you need to learn what is ' to be rational ' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯