Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I'm ugly, I don't want to go through the day. Why did I wake up?

I'm not progressing in life. I tried my best. Nobody wants me and I'm alone and older while everyone are married and having babies 

My life is just a mess. No guys liked me because I'm just ugly or not good enough.

I'm really tired of living

Ny family lied to me about being good looking  when I wasn't. They lied about many things to me me feel better including saying other people liked me and said it etc. I caught them in lies, for example I heard a telephone conversation and told them about it they said the person didn't say things when I was right there . It's frustrating and why deny and lie so pathologically.

I am so alone and trust nobody.

• jean

get a job it will make u feel better

• Jim2

There are plenty of plain looking, average men. Have you met them? Update: If you're exceptionally nice to men, they will appreciate that very much. Be outstandingly nice. I'm not saying to be a doormat, but be nice! 

Welcome to the club. I'm hideous and never wanted to live I can't wait to die. No woman will ever love me. I think about killing myself every minute of every day. I have no family or friends and never will. I trust no one. If the doctor told me I have 6 weeks to live I'd be jumping for joy. People like us are being punished for our parents' lust. We were never meant to be here and we were made to suffer in life. We will never have any happiness only misery. I'm sorry you have to be this way but you're not the only one. Someday we'll be gone and all our pain will be gone with us. 

• Carmen

Hello troubled one sorry you feel this way it’s understandable to feel turned down either by words or deeds.  I’m not sure what’s been happening in your life completely besides what you have mentioned but being given another opportunity to wake up is a blessing because it gives you a chance to try to do better or feel better than the day before and it gives you a chance to regroup. It’s not always easy try not to compare yourself with others everyone life and circumstances are different. When you find the true mate for you he will love you and admire your inner beauty and your outside appearance. Pray for strength to overcome your feelings and  ignorant negative remarks. Pray for peace of mind and a calm heart. Pray for someone to trust and who will not make you feel along. Don’t give up seek help of needed professionally or otherwise if applicable. Take some deep breaths and find your joy in life even if it’s outside the walls of home. 

OMG! I can relate to you because I feel exactly the same except that my family did not lie to me! I am sorry to read that you are going this. I know how it feels. 

When I read your question I immediately thought about Meryl Streep. I remembered reading she had said she was told early on that she was not pretty enough for a lead role and never would play the lead. We've all seen her films and watched her win at the Oscars. She radiates beauty. So I wondered how many celebrities have been told such bull-oh-knee. Surprise! The list included Kate Winslet and Reese Witherspoon. Huh? ... on the other hand, I know at least one woman who grew up very hurt because, as she said,  "people only like me for my looks." Nature is faulty and people are cruel*--especially in their foolish efforts to mislead others. But they are often wrong, and their assessments are meaningless. (Thomas Edison was not smart, and on and on.) Most important of all, your sensitivity is a gift. Please don't let it go by the wayside because of a superficial "quality" that has no bearing on what you offer to the world. Please. *"We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learnt to bear its ills without being overcome by them. "

— Carl Jung

Stop comparing yourself to others. Who says you aren’t beautiful? Social media, the tv, people? We’re all beings, born equal and unique. In differences we find strengths. Don’t get wrapped up in the way you should look or live your life. Love yourself for being one of a kind, for taking your own journey and living it the way you want. Stay hopeful and open to possibilities and opportunities. You deserve a life, you deserve happiness. But first it mist come from within, then everything and everyone will fall into place.

You may not be too ugly.

Try dressing up and use good make up.

Life is too short to be negative.

You have to pick yourself up. Start by being positive. For all you know those friends of yours are not even happy in their marriage

i feel the same,

except i do not even like kids, babies, etc.

I can not make you feel better i can just commiserate. so welcome to hell, in my case partly self-inflicted but partly depression (PDD aka Dysthymia).

May you feel any way you wanna feel and if you make it through the day may the next one be less appalling, altho given my own experience with reality it may just be worse and worse for decade 2 or until i finally, mercifully die.