Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Since the Reply feature is gone, how do I communicate with people?

I ask a question. Someone answers it, but ask me to be more specific. How do I reply or talk to them?

• .

The reply feature isn't gone. If it were, the site would have shut down because there HAS to be a Reply option for people to answer questions.

.

COMMENTS have been removed (7.23.2020), since YA is not a chat site, they were greatly abused, and there is no real need for someone to comment on a user's answer (no matter how much they want to). 

Source(s): Per Yahoo: "In order to strengthen and improve community and engagement, we are temporarily disabling comments. Our goal is always to create a safe, engaging place to connect over interests and passions and we’d love your feedback on how to improve this experience. Please email us your feedback at yahoocommentfeedback@verizonmedia.com" . My guess is enough people complained about how badly it was being abused, so it was removed. Too many used it to attack other users or to respond to questions posted by users who had them blocked.
  • Zirp

There has never been a reply-feature. Y!A is not a chatsite nor a discussion-forum.

If you forgot to include details, click "edit" and "update" to add them

Just add an EDIT. Or to communicate with other answers posters. What I do is just write: 

@so-and-so: then my responce  to them.

• Daniel

The only thing you can do is Add to your Question or Edit your Answer and mention what ever in the Updates 

Comments are Disabled Currently so you cant comment on anything 

Update your question and say @(user) before posting the update. Upvote the person's answer so that they get the notification. If you're the one answering, edit your answer.

You can still comment if you have a Yahoo+ paid account.

Update your question.