jns143 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

does the Yahoo point system still work? i don't see my points going down when i ask Questions?

Yes. The reason you aren't losing points for asking questions is because asking no longer costs 5 points. 

Questions stopped costing points back in December of 2019. Click the link at the bottom right for Points & Levels and you'll see the updated points info there, including the changed # of pts OPs get for awarding an "FA" for their question.

• Daniel

Yes it still works Yahoo made a Change as of December 2019 they no Longer Collect Points for Asking Questions 

Its Free now

The whole process of Yahoo Answer gets . . uh . . 'constipated' from time to time.  I have friend who told me I answered one of his questions and he gave me a Best Answer.  That was a week ago, but actually I haven't gotten an Best Answer e-mails for about three weeks now.  Yahoo isn't maintaining Yahoo Answers. 

Flagging a question or answer also has no effect these days, maybe you've noticed.  For a while, a few months ago, I tried to insult some people to get them to flag me, but I haven't gotten answers removed either.

• Kieth

You don't lose points for asking questions anymore. They decided it was unfair to the trolls who ask endless questions.