Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 4 months ago

Is it risky to switch car insurances?

I want to switch from Geico to Liberty Mutual

Wife doesn’t and says she doesn’t want to tell me why.

Would be a difference of 80 bucks less a month.

Is it risky? She scared to switch.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

If it's the same EXACT coverage AND deductibles for $960.00 less per year that's incredible.  Both are good insurance companies, but I'd find out if that's a special promotional rate?  Will the price go up in 6 or 12 months?  In any event, just make sure you have the new coverage before you drop the old coverage - so there's no lapse.  I don't like switching insurance companies either, but for that kind of savings I'd consider it.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The coverage policy is going to be different and your new insurance company WeSCREWU insurance co. will offer less coverage and you got to chase them more to get compensated properly.(maybe even having to hire a lawyer to go after your insurance company.

. Other than that , there is no risk.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Insurance companies normally take existing customers for mugs but offer special rates to attract new ones. Tell Geico you can get the same cover cheaper. Often they will match it, which is less hassle than changing.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

"Risky" includes ease of filing claims, the cancellation policy of both companies (do they cancel after one claim?), whether or not the coverage is identical.

If you are a new insured and are in an accident your chances of not being renewed are much higher than if you are an established insured.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, as long as you don't have a gap in coverage.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

She probably got a speeding ticket recently and switching will certainly bring that to light. Insurance companies don't check driver points very often but they always do when there is a change in policy or you get a new policy.

• May
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No.  Of course it is not risky.

Geez

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

It's the emu in the commercials. Those things can get nasty.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Read the coverage.  They are usually NOT the same.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

read BOTH policies carefully and make sure they cover the same things ...........

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.