Why doesn't the Australian government understand that building affordable housing is the way to create an economic recovery from Covid19?

Giving people jobs.

Giving people hope.

Giving people disposable income.

Surely it's the answer in these tough times.

• Regwah

Now that might start to piss me off, free money & a cheap house.

No I think sending you off fruit picking or something sounds better for the country.

You could rub elbows with all those sexy back packers.

Tough times lol

I think you are over stimulated.

they do that is why new apartments are being built near me they are only for low income earners or people on a pension  

the Government does NOT Build houses

the Price is Governed by wages and Materials when Unions stop pushing up wages then Houses will become Cheaper

I have never been unemployed so I could afford to buy a Home    I dont Smoke Drink do drugs or Gamble so buying a house was easy

There would be hardly anyone buying anything from all those businesses the government has given 100's of billions to, that could of built a new airport a few casino hotels around it and a few hundred public housing round the airport to give the houso's no excuse to find work close by and somewhere close by to blow their pay. And the government would still have 100's of billions left over.

There must be a lot of larger infrastructure projects around the country that have been drawn up waiting for the day the money came along.

Maybe just more excavators to dig holes for cowards like Grubbie. 

Explain how you build affordable houses.

maybe someone needs to explain it to them

Give dole bludgers more handouts.