I recently moved out of an old apartment, they’re trying to charge us $195 for cleaning and another $175 for painting; is this reasonable? ?

We did mount shelves and a tv in the wall but we spackled over them before we left. Also, we only lived there for 1year, and cleaned regularly so I know they weren’t like... scrubbing human filth out. 

Cleaning charge is a little high if the place was left clean in the first place. Painting change is dirt cheap so if I were you I would just pay it and move on. 

The cleaning sounds ---maybe--- a little expensive if it's just cleaning, though having been a cleaner I can tell you that cleaning an empty apartment does not take less time than cleaning a full one, and in this case they are going to have to clean up after the painters. It may also include having the carpets done and then it's a bargain. No way I'd paint a whole apartment for $175. Those painters are working cheap.

You need to check the contract  you signed when you moved in.  Usually a landlord will specify which charges will be charged to you when you leave an apartment and how your security deposit is used to pay this. (As an example, If it is forbidden to put holes in the wall, AND you did, then you are liable for the repair of same.  Painting, too.) If it is NOT in the contract, I'd think they'd not be able to charge this out of the blue.  Unfortunately, they are used to dealing with people who cannot afford a lawyer, but if I were you, I'd find some legal representation and get some information onthis.

No, legally they have to clean, repaint and change the locks before the unit is rented again.

Do not pay this 

That is a reasonable charge for a day crew that the landlord will hire if you did not get the place professionally cleaned and repainted.  READ the rental agreement.

If you spackled over holes, the wall needs to be prepped and painted. The money for that seems reasonable. If you didn't deep clean before you left, that's on you, too. Where I live, $200 for two cleaners for one day is a pretty standard rate.