In terms of overall success achieved in the game, one has to admit it whether they're a Messi fan or not ?

that Cristiano Ronaldo, on paper at least, going by stats and the stupendous amounts of trophies hes won and is STILL winning ( Juventus Serie A Champion now.. hes won two back to back 'scudettos'...) has the edge over Messi in the 'greatest player of all time' list.

That said, Messi is never far away when CR7's name gets mentioned and certianly needs no introduction of his own to the world about what he has done in the game and how he has single handedly dismantled opposition with ball to feet.

But going by achievements and stats, it seems clear to me that CR7 > Messi

thoughts ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

CR has achieved more but Messi is still the better player and always has been. 

• August
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

CR7 is the most popular player the world has ever seen-why-because of his good looks and the women adored that. If you ask a women about a Messi,they will think that they are menstruating and look away

Cups and medals don'r come into it, it is style of play and Liverpool's Steve Gerrard has said that the best player he has ever played against was Messi. What bigger endorsement could you ask for 

Source(s): if it is possible Pearl,go and do the washing up
  • Monny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

CR is the best player the world has ever seen - fact.

The Messi fan boys are hilarious, he's only ever played in La Liga ffs.

• Adam
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Can never judge a player on the stats of a team. Juventus have no real competition for the league so that's not as impressive as it sounds. Plus they were dominant without him so looking at before and after they signed him you could argue he's made no difference unless they win the champions league.

At Real and Man United id argue a similar thing. Zidane made the difference at Real, not Ronaldo.

With Barcelona, Messi came to prominence the same time as Pep and their success with Messi has been unrivalled in their history, so arguably I'd say Messi has made a bigger impact at the club he's at than Ronaldo has

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i think thats possible

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.