Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

I have hairy arms but I don’t want to shave/wax them because they’ll grow back thicker, what is another solution?

You don't mention the color of your hair, the coarseness, and whether you want the hair to be gone for the rest of your days. Shaving and waxing do not make hair grow back thicker. If so, people losing their head hair would shave and wax no end. You will have to keep up with shaving, no matter how tired or busy you are. Waxing is effective, and hair grows back at different rates from shaving and grows back soft and non-stubbly. Electrolysis is permanent; I've had quite a bit of it. It stings a bit when the follicles are getting zapped, but it's not too bad. I've never had laser. The last time I checked into it, it wouldn't have been an option for me because it was effective on coarse, dark hair. 

Laser hair removal (Newer treatment. Almost completely permanent, can be somewhat expensive and painful depending on how much hair there is).

Electrolysis (Slower than laser hair removal but permanent (one hair at a time). Also more expensive than laser hair removal and more painful but like I said completely permanent since the late 1800s).

Or female hormones with an endocrinologist (if you're an appropriate candidate).

I am male non-binary (my sex is male and I am straight but my gender is not a man) and I was extremely hairy (Southern European / Northern Middle Eastern descent) and I ultimately had to do hormone treatment with an endocrinologist and lost my fertility (it was worth it to myself). The laser hair removal was too costly and not effective enough.